Over the years a number of companies have made and still do make these types of guitars but they are not so common.
I myself have been making guitars/basses for a number of years but never made a long scale one such as this.
So I designed it on AutoCad (before I got hooked on Sketchup) and it has the following specification:
- Double Cutaway body
- Main body slab - African Mahogany
- Top - bookmatched South American Imbuia (Ocotea porosa) burl
- Neck - Sapele and maple
- Fretboard - Ebony
- No of frets - 24
- Scale length - 700mm
- Fretboard radius - 12"
- Pickup system - Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout set - active electronics
- Bridge - Schaller Hannes
- Machine heads - Schaller M6 2000 Locking
- Strap button - Schaller security locks.
All the hardware is black.
|Baritone CAD design|
After the design was completed the first part to be made was the fretboard and that will be covered in Part 2.