Sunday 4 November 2012

Chest of drawers completed

Here is the chest of drawers that I built for a commission with the drawer pulls fitted. You can see in a previous post the design for the pulls. I had some time to do this while my shop is being rebuilt. My temporary shop was the office upstairs at home and I now need to vacuum all the wood dust away!

The cabinet spec is:

  • Dimensions - 1220 H x 900 W x 457 D (48" H x 35 1/2" W x 18" D)
  • Materials - French oak and African sapele
  • Finish - General Finishes Enduro Var semi-gloss
  • Case construction - frame and panel with mortise and tenon joinery
  • Drawers construction - with handcut dovetails with faced plywood bottoms
  • Drawer pull construction - oak and sapele
  • Adhesive : Franklin International Titebond II Extend.


The chest of drawers featured as the 2010 Woodwhisperer Guild summer project and took me a little longer than I anticipated.
I hope Kate and Norman will enjoy the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment