Tuesday 4 August 2015

LIe Nielsen Honing Guide

A couple of years back in March 2013 I went to a LN event at my local Axminster store in Warrington, UK. It was hosted by Deneb Puchalski who is an expert on LN products and a whizz at sharpening. He demonstrated a prototype of the LN honing guide and I got my hands on it and had a look at it. Essentially it is an improved version of the Eclipse honing guide that has been around since Adam was a lad.

I now see it has been on sale in the US for quite a while now and it must have passed under my radar. It's not exactly cheap at $125 US but no LN products are cheap. I've not found a UK or European supplier of said item yet but it's only a matter of time.



https://www.lie-nielsen.com/product/honing-guide-bladesstandard

Thanks to Chris Schwarz for giving me the heads up.

No comments:

Post a Comment