|Terry's dovetailing kit|
I generally find a combination of the following tools make dovetailing a little easier.
- Wheel marker gauge - a traditional one is just as good.
- Engineers square
- 0.5 mm mechanical pencil
- Dovetail saw
- Rule - I love the Incra Precision T-rule as shown in the picture. If you want one have a look here
- LH and RH Skew chisels
- 1/4" to 3/4" bench chisels - if you have a fish tail chisel so much better
- Fret saw
- Mallet - a brass one is a luxury but not essential
- Good light source.
- A good bench with bench dogs, a vice and a bench-hook
I don't bother with the fret saw any more and use my bandsaw to cut out the waste.
|Good light is essential.|
Here are the two Ikea worklights I recently got
on a recommendation from
|I like cutting blind dovetails|
using my deep bench-hook.
|Cutting a knife wall by undercutting|
with a chisel
|Another knife wall|
|Finished front, rear and sides.|
Only another 8 more to do!