The shape of the plane necessitated a captive shoe on both edges again with a magnet to hold the plane in place. I simply traced its lower profile onto some walnut and using some double sided tape stuck another piece of walnut underneath. I then cut the profile out on the bandsaw and finished it on the oscillating spindle sander.
After splitting the two pieces I ended up with two symmetrical shoes. I then glued these to some more scraps of sufficient thickness to mount the plane with the blade protruding up to 3/4"
|Shoes glued onto some walnut scrap.|
You can see the resulting profile emerging
After the glue had setup the shoes were cut to size, mounting holes drilled/counter sunk and a magnet glued into place.
|Shoes cut to size and finished|
|Plane test fitted on the bench|
|Mounting shoes added to the cabinet|
The other compartments are for shoulder planes
and the Stanley #130 block plane.
Everything has been positioned so no plane needs
to be disturbed to get out the plane you want!